Nuffie

Saturday 3 January 2015

Life is Hard. Living is Harder. All You Need Is Faith.

Assalamualaikum WBT,

Hi, how to you do readers? I really hope that you still have the patient or the urge to learn English language as I am. I love learning and reading, in fact, I was searching for articles and researches done by amazing academia to feed my brain. Yes, I am looking at several topics such as English teaching, English grammar, effects, affect and also a little bit on Malaysian education especially MUET.

Do you know what MUET is acknowledge in several countries including Singapore, United Kingdom and Japan? Its big right? Yes, amazing right? Now, you all know that STPM is also acknowledged one the hardest exams in the world, well at least before it became semester, something like that. I was too a Form Six student and to me, to have such amazing experience back then, it was very wonderful.

Okay, let me tell you something, I was actually not from the school, I was not entirely from Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Dong (SMKD), I was just there for two amazing years, just for Form Six but I made quite a number of friends. I actually was from Sekolah Menengah Agama Dong (SMAD), yes, I went to religious school and everything was chaos back then. I realised that I am not a person that really could memories all those kalimah like the others. So, I decided to go to SMKD and took my STPM there, and this one teacher actually very proud of me. I had never in my entire life someone said something nice to me at that time. I still remember what she said,

"I am very proud of you because you managed to get A2 for you English subject and you came from sekolah agama. Its wonderful".

Yes, the English teacher of SMKD said that, she was Teacher Junaidah. Why? It is because she knew that how difficult being a religious school with all those subjects both religious and core; she has a daughter that also went to religious school. The same school.

At that time, I did not know what to do and I just, well, I said thank you and at the early period, I did not know what to do and I had trouble blending in with them. I was very bland, I could say. I did not know the systems, the recess time, how things work and whatnot. It was quite difficult for certain times, but then things got better. I managed to mingle around and see things clearer. It was good. 

I too have my favourite subject during that period. I love MUET and I love BM and also Business. I scored in MUET, well, at least I managed to pass the BAND 2 requirement to further the studies at tertiary education. I managed to obtain BAND 3 for that time and for the course at university, I managed to get Bachelor of English with Communication (Hons) at Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin. What a wonderful four years there. Love it. Met great friends and people.

But as you can see, to actually learn English language without proper outside-class-practice is surely hard. Amazingly hard. My parents do not speak English language, my family do not speak English language but I always tell myself one thing, "Keep reading and look for dictionary". And, alhamdulillah, I managed to get good grades.

And now, after reading Postgraduate Studies by MBA Edge, it makes me wonder many things but one thing in particular, after two years of doing part time work, after two years of soul searching, I asked myself, 

"How about furthering your studies?"

InshaaAllah, I will think about that thoroughly and my dad actually had ask me this question about 1 and half year ago, about furthering studies and taking Masters and my answer that time was no because I was busy in soul searching but now, I am not making this as my last choice, NO! something, the best things come when in big stress. You think that you are happy with doing what you love and the fact is, you have something better which is, I do not know, contributing to other people by doing what you love, teaching, maybe?

So, inshaaAllah, I will try to ask people around me about things that need to be done, haha.. but do not worry, I will try my best kay?

Assalamualaikum WBT

p/s: Other things can wait. Surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment