Nuffie

Tuesday 27 May 2014

Being Overweight Is Hard, Difficult Indeed.

Assalamualaikum WBT,

I want to be like this..hehe

Do still remember the entry I wrote explaining about Language Learning Strategies? well, you remember a bit, then you'd better click this link. LLS 

Now, I want to tell you about something, this totally out of English grammar topic but it is something that made me aware of something. Yes. 

Early this 2014, I went to a place for an interview, I did not tell it here, I think but the thing is, that interview actually as a small wake up call for me. In what? In trying to lose weight as much as I can. Why?

Well, the situation was like this,

The interviewers asked me about my weight, I mean the mobility of me running around and do the jobs and whatnot. But the way they asked me was not straight forward, it was more like,

"If you had to work late, would you able to do it? It would not effect your health right? And most of our building do not have lift so, using stairs, would you be okay?"

My answer,

"Thank you for the questions, to be honest, I will not be effected by all these conditions, plus, in shaa Allah, I will be able to lose weight running errands and stairs? Would be the best tool for me to lose weight and no I will not effected by these simple tasks"

"No, we just concern about your health and weight".

"Thank you for your concern and as mentioned, I will not be effected by that and I will try my very best to execute the jobs given to me by you".

"Thank you'.

If you were in my position, what would be your response?

And that incident actually made me realise that I really have to lose weight. Like, really. I have too. To be honest, to get started is hard but once you started your diet and everything, it will be okay. In shaa Allah. I am still struggling with everything. Diet, food, drinks and whatnot, its hard but what I can do is, try my very best in exercising.

As for me, I am not exercise drastically, I started slowly and alhamdulillah, it started to show its compatibility with my own body. I mean, the diet, the exercise, the weight lost (do not yet). hehe, but I do feel lighter now compared to last year. Alhamdulillah. I am grateful to Allah for all this given to me by Him. Amin.

Its hard, its difficult, but its harder when I am overweight. I have been living like this since I can remember, I mean, being fat. But now, I still fat but not as fat as i used to. Alhamdulillah. I hope this will be a continuous process where I could lose some more weights and be able to get my ideal weight, which is 75 kg, and I am now 100 something kg. I need to lose AT LEAST 30 kgs to achieve my ideal weight. *sigh. its hard but in shaa Allah, if I be honest to myself and determined to lose weight, concentrate, in shaa Allah, I will be able to do it.

That is all for now I think.

Assalamualaikum WBT

p/s: being fat is hard, but they called me acceptably fat. Such words existed? haha dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment